Saturday, April 25, 2009

To the left..to the left

I have to apologize for my absence the past few weeks. Blame in on the p-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-t-t-t-t-t-t. Yes, I re-kindled my love affair with the sticky icky, my beloved friend Mary Jane. I had broken up with Mary a few years ago. I sat her down, with tears in my eyes I told her "To the left, to the left, to the left, to the left, everything you own in the box to the left". As you could imagine she didn't take it to well. She became angry with me and yelled at me standing in my front yard telling me how I'm such a fool. But she just couldn't understand that I had to sever our relationship, it was time to get a-stepping. I even made her a collage of all the fun times we had together in college and mix tapes to remember our "rides" together. As I watched Ms. Mary Jane from the window hittin' the road, she turned and looked at me with a clenched fist and yelled "YOU'LL BE BACK!!!". Yeah right I thought to myself, Immmaaa do me, Immmaa do me Mary Jane!

Well it turns out my 5 year hiatus has come to an end. Living with my cousins has reintroduced me to the game. I couldn't help it, Mary just called out to me and everything I did to fight her off went to shit. She broke me, beat me down. Now I lay here with Mary all up in my head. So you can blame her for me not writing lately. Instead of writing something funny and witty about my shit-filled day, I have been tag-teaming Ms. Mary with my cousins and then playing rock band like a fucking high school student. I actually celebrated 420 at 4:20 for the first time in 5 years. I felt dirty and alive at the same time. I am, however not trying to let Mary Jane run my life as much as she did in college. In college Mary Jane and I spent 90% of the day together. I ran my entire daily schedule around her. But not this time. It is apparent that I need her in my life, but I am not going to allow her to run it like she has in the past. I am going to wear the pants in this relationship for the first time and I feel alive!

On a lighter note....
So we are having our first full blown party today. We invited over 200 people and only 35 responded. Isnt that a little douchey? I mean when you get a facebook invitation, isnt it common courtesy to respond whether or not you are coming. I thank all of the people that responded with a yes/no/maybe-so. But these douches that have no responded, wtf mate?! Is it that you are just to lazy? Are you trying to see if something better comes along that night (which it goddamn isnt), or going to show up w/out responded so we run out of food. Is anyone else with me on this one? How are is it to just sat "yes I am coming" or "No go f yourself, I would never come to your place". Anywhoooo, wish us luck that we a) do not burn the house down and b) I do not have to give out hand jobs to the local police department in order to not get arrested. Adios!

2 comments:

  1. I heart MJ...always have & always will!

    Have a great party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have fallen victim to MJ's conniving clutches lately...

    SO much pizza! Ugh...

    ReplyDelete