Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The end of an era...the begining of a new one

Its a sad and happy day today my friends. About 4 years ago my two friends were the only ones with respectable jobs making a descent pay to actually move out of the constraints of their parents. I was super excited because this meant I would have a place to crash on the weekends, and not to mention it was in the city! So for 4 years they have allowed me to run train on their apartment pretty much anytime I wanted to. I even had my own key. I would crash on the futon in a drunken haze and wake up the next morning still in my clothes from the bar. A few months ago our friend moved into the place with them, making the already small apartment even smaller. They turned the livin room into a bedroom which only left the kitchen for my air mattress. It was not only I that benefited from their digs, a few of my cousins made many appearances, sleeping in the kitchen or when they were lucky, with one of my friends. So its now 2009 and everyone has decided to move on, time to get-to-steppin'. One friend has moved in with her boyfriend, the other back to prison (aka her parents house) and the third to her own little place on the upper west side of Manhattan. My cousin new it would be the last time he would be able to, in fact "run train" on the their place. I am not sure when he decided it, but he decided to go out with a bang.

Saturday night we were invited to an asian themed party. My cousin and I drove into the city and went to dinner with my friend whose place we would be staying at. We had dinner and a few drinks and went back to the Mexican crack den to pre-game. As we all sat in a circle on the kitchen floor (the one roommate took the kitchen table and chairs) drinking pear vodka we all got a little sad discussing how much fun we had in that little place. The red-wine stained walls told many stories of laughter and drunken times. As the bottle of vodka was quickly dwindling we decided to make the 10-block trek south to our friends party. As soon as we entered the door we were greeted with SAKI-BOMBS. I have to say, I am not sure if I have ever been greeted better, the only thing that was missing was a massage and a happy ending. So we did a few saki bombs and moved our little group outside to smoke a few butts and get some air. The night was awesome, perfect weather and friends. This is when the real shenanigans began. The "Dirty Dancing" lift my cousin and I are so famous for was done, pinching of Asian nipples, and my friend and cousin convincing the party-goers that he had just proposed to her. Being the Irish mick that she is, she turned her clatter ring around and had the whole party believe her and my cousin were engaged. It was at this point some yelled "Lets go sing karaoke!". Of course, why not...it was an Asian themed party and why not end the night with karaoke. The karaoke night is a little bit hazy, but from what we are told my cousin and I sang three duets and rocked the crows, per-usual. It was now 3 am and we had no money left so we decided to head back to the apartment. Within 30 minutes my cousin was passed out, shirt up over his head half on the air mattress half off. My friend and I looked at each other and had the same exact thought, "Why haven't we started drawing on him yet". We giggled and my friend ran into her room and got her entire make-up bag. We put eye-shadow on him, eye-liner, lipstick. It didn't end their. Why not write "I love cock" "I love dick", huge penis' all over his bald head and arms. We were laughing so hard tears were coming out of our eyes. Why stop there we thought, why not put anything we could find on top of him. These items included: A dress, shoes, dresses, a 5ft lamp, beads, and a hat. We also felt it necessary to document this with many pictures.

I was awoken the next morning by this "You guys suck! What did you do to me! Oh shit you even did the inside of my ears!". It was at this moment my dear cousin realized he had really went out with a bang, spending his last night in at that apartment tattooed with dicks on his face. Thank god he was a good sport about it. I am pretty sure he was happy we didn't use the sharpie...what we would have used if we were in college...but we aren't so we used eyeliner. Its funny, we are all in our late 20's and still find it absolutely hysterical to write on someone when they pass out drunk. I don't think this will ever get old for me, well maybe when its my son or order who comes home with a dick drawn on their chin. But for now I will never miss the opportunity to write on someone who blatantly deserves it for passing out with their shoes on.

Sad is it may be to be leaving that little apartment on the upper-east-side, it also brings a happyness. My two cousins and I just signed a lease for our own house. The setting will change but the shennanigans wont. Our new place will soon echo with the laughter, booze and music that defines my friends and I. I look foward to the memories that will be shared and the dicks that will be drawn. So CONGRATS TO US! And for your viewing pleasure, my cousin in all his glory.

1 comment: