Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I am not JEWISH

Like I said my blog will not always be about my work. Sometimes it will be about how much the man is tryin' to bring me down. Two things, I am not jewish and why do men continue to act as children. To my first statement, for some odd reason many people seem to think I am jewish. Now do not get me wrong, I do not have anything against the jews. I rather enjoy their holidays that get me off of work. However, I take great pride in my Italian heritage. Just because I have curly dark hair and light eyes does not signify I am a jew. I cannot tell you how many dates I have been on that have said "Wait your not Jewish?" or how many times my students parents wish me a happy holiday around Rosha Hananah (Spelling?). So this is now a running joke with my family and friends. They insist on calling me a jew and making jew jokes as if I am going to get offended. The last time I checked my last name ended with a vowel and I put all sorts of food on one plate. I have a long time friend that actually thought I was jewish because I would joke about me being a Jew. It did not occur to her that I wasnt jewish until this xmas. In conversation about the how huge xmas eve celebreation is in my family once again I was faced with "Wait your not Jewish?". So to clear the air, I am not jewish...you all better check yourself before you wreck yo'self...ya heard!

Now to statement #2. Why is it men who are of the settleing down age, insist on acting as if they are 15? I had been dating a guy for the past 3 months. We met at a classy town bar the night before thanksgiving eve. We hit it off right away so I took him to my friends parents house (who happened to be on vacation) and gave him a little-hows-your-father if you will. I didnt think anything of it but he actually called me the next day. So we began dating, he spent xmas even and xmas with my family, spent weekends together and my cousins actually liked him. Things were going great, or so I thought. Then out of the clear blue, bam he stops talking to me. So now I start thinking to myself, what is wrong with me? Am I ugly and he found some little mamacita that was thinner, prettier and would give him hand jobs before he drops her off from a nice date? I mean what the f! When I finally confornted him and asked him WTF mate? Well, of course it was MY FAULT. He was mad at ME because I asked why he didnt contact me at all. I knew he had a lot on his plate with studying for his midterms (he is getting his MBA) and work. Hey we all have our shit, shits hectic on this island these days. I totally understand so I gave him some space. So when I first brought it up he brushed me off. What I dont understand is, with all this technology (i.e. text/email/facebook) you couldnt drop me a little text saying "sorry havent gotten to you in awhile, shits been real crazy with work and school". I would have totally understood. But to literally drop off the face of the earth is just not cool man, not cool. When is it men are going to grow up and start acting their age. I mean this guy was going to be 32 and treated this little situation as if he was in high school. I was waiting for someone to slip me a note in homeroom informing me that, we will call him Le'Douche, was in fact giving me the axe. Is it tht hard to just be honest with people and up front. I have never been one of those needy girls that demands 100% attention. I hate talking on the phone and I do not believe in spending every second with the one your dating. But would it kill you to send me a text letting me know you were alive? Ladies, am I wrong here? When are men going to suck it up and be a man? Am I the only one out there who seems to date every douche bag in the surrounding area? Thoughts/feelngs?

2 comments:

  1. Some men, I am convinced, never. grow. up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL men never grow up.

    I'm correcting my blog STAT. I don't even know how I forgot to give an award out to my other favorite teacher! Go get it and gross us out with your "not so cute" facts now. :)

    ReplyDelete